Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

I met up with a friend for dinner last week at Hu Tong dumpling bar in China Town and after a sumptuous dinner of dumplings (I love the chilli dumplings), Jo and I took a wander along Paynes Place and Croft Alley to view the street art.


I've made mention of Melbourne's embracing of street art and I'm proud ofliving in a city that understands art in its widest sense.


Not only understands it but embraces it.


So much so the City of Melbourne allows building owners and other to register street art.


I think this really encourages street artists to do their best, and for their art to improve in quality and scope.


You can see all the street art here registered at STA25 ... and it's in the tiniest space.


And another Debs ... a little light for red but it's still there.


And what could be more fitting to close this post: don't ban the can ... except for those annoying taggers!

Lots more glorious rubyness over at Work of the Poet ... check it out.

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

The street at is quite good!

Ralph said...

The paint and designs are quite exquisite here! Detailed they are, the subjects ranging from whimsical to quite serious. The artists have a lovely canvas made of brick. Nice!

Liz said...

Beautiful shots for Ruby.

My Ruby links:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful street arts!

Laughter for RT

Meri said...

I LOVE street art!

Robin said...

Dumplings and street art, what a great way to spend the afternoon.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Kim, USA said...

This is very interesting.
RRT-Berry

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That was one thing that really impressed me when I was down there - amazing street art!