Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

It’s Tuesday again already ... where has my life gone?

Over the weekend I met up with a friend Phil for breakfast at a trendy inner city café called Three Bags Full in Abbotsford. My review of breakfast is elsewhere but it led Phil and I to attempt to burn off at least some of the calories earnt sharing a chocolate brownie (yes … sweets after breakfast is an acceptable way of eating) by wandering around the area. (It was such a miserable day I think I burnt off more calories shivering than walking .. but that’s another story).


I love Abbotsford … if for no other reason than it’s where Mr H lived when I met him almost 30 years ago.

It's so cosmopolitan. Where else would you see elderly Vietnamese woman squatting on the pavement selling greens and Vietnamese sweets?


I love Asian food and Victoria Street is like a mini Vietnam with restaurants everywhere.


Abbotsford is so inner city but still "ungentrified" ... just off the main street is this bright red fridge in a scrap metal yard.


I love finding signs written in red paint instead of the usual black … so much more in your face.


What about a little fresh fruit (red of course) from many of the small shops along Victoria Street?


How much more interesting is it to find the building in red and the door in black when it’s usually the reverse.


I love the menus in the window … and so nice to see one in red instead of the usual white.


Or maybe a relaxing massage ... I could do with right about now.


And right at the end of such an obviously Asian area is this pizza shop … I guess everybody loves pizza.


So much glorious red ... and I haven't shown everything I saw!

If you’re interested in even more ruby redness … check out Work of the Poet.

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I think I'd be stopping where there is the fresh fruit...I see watermelon. Oh so yummy.

My Ruby Tuesday LINK

Ralph said...

Wow, the word ‘eclectic’ is inadequate for the mix of rubies here! This looks like a neighborhood tat eschews trendy and modern. A mix of palettes for our palate, Asian with Pizza - there seem to be no rules as to what makes this a dietary destination. Fun, indeed!