Friday, June 25, 2010

My Creative Space

I wasn't going to bother with My Creative Space this week ... I feel so blah and I’m working on another version of the same simple purple scarf, this time for Miss C. Pretty, but it's so boring to sharing the same thing every week.

So I'm going to cheat and show another project I put down a couple of weeks ago ... cross stitch hearts I plan to use for a matching pincushion and sewing roll.


On a much happier note I’m so thrilled with another creative space I have a vested interest in … Cam from CurlyPops to be precise.

A few weeks ago I passed along some Ink & Spindle fabric I bought on the Sew It Together bus tour with a request to make a camera bag that I can use for the camera when it’s wearing its flash … which it usually is.

Check out Cam’s creative space for the “oh so wonderful so far” results (and here’s Cam's photo repeated here because I’m so excited I have to have a copy too!).


It’s looking amazing. I love the black denim Cam had to hand with the Ink & Spindle fabric. The black will set it off so nicely and be such a nice contrast ... and to give it a little extra pop some black will show on the outside.

Now ... I have to wait a week until I get the bag. I know it's a week but I feel worse than a kid at Christmas. I really can’t wait.

Thanks Cam for doing such a great job and for your wonderful ideas along the way.

9 comments:

Liesl said...

Your cross stitch looks fabulous, Susan!

Your Curlypops original is going to be fabulous.

CurlyPops said...

I get just as excited when a bag comes together! Not long to go now.

Cathie said...

that bag is looking amazing!
now I can't wait to see it next week either.
by the way, your blog is looking so very fabulous!!
Happy Friday Susan ♥

mel @ loved handmade said...

Gorgeous bag! Your heart cross stitch is great, love the colours...

Unknown said...

love those crosstitch hearts- so much detail in each one! xo m.

nadine paduart said...

both projects are quite amazing! show off the camera inside when you've got it, yeah?

nicole said...

susan!
just thought i'd let you know, you won my giveaway! congratulations!!!
i haven't got the email doovy set up on my computer so it won't tell me your email address from your profile page, hence the comment notification ha ha.
if you could get back to me with your postal address i'll be able to send off your prize in a flash!

great cross stitch too! my fingers have been itchy for some cross stitch lately, too many other things to finish first though!

xox

Jo said...

I love the cross stitch. I did one with hearts on it, will have to dig it up and post a pic. Your camera bag looks great - very exciting.

Colette said...

what neat cross stitch - such patience! That camera bag looks great, can't wait to see it finished.