Monday, November 2, 2009

Project 365 Mon 2 Nov 09

CLARISSA'S NEW CARDIGAN
I arrived home tonight to a parcel for Clarissa from her Great Great Uncle Mick's wife Pat ... her new cardigan all the way from England.


The parcel ... you should have seen the excitement on Clarissa's face when she realised it was for her.

Presents are always exciting!

Now this is a knitting post because the something from Pat is a cardigan lovingly knitted by Pat.

I come from a family of knitters ... my mother always knitted when we were kids, she knitted items for my daughters when they were babies ... and when we were visiting my Great Uncle Mick and his wife Pat she knitted constantly.

Mostly she knits baby clothes. Not for anybody in particular ... just in anticipation of the next person she heard being pregnant. And they were so sweet ... matinee jackets, booties, bonnets ... all the things we used when my children were small.

So, I don't know if she was looking for someone different to knit for or just had the yarn and was looking for an excuse to use it ... but she started work immediately on a cardigan for Clarissa and finished it so quickly.


My little model ... she always looks sweet.

Clarissa doesn't normally wear brown ... her colours are black and white with the occasional splash of purple, and even more seldom red. I like the brown on her against the black.

And when I told her she looks good in brown she told me ... "That's because I'm brown!"

Where have I heard that before?

Thanks Pat ... we love you.

No comments: