Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 18 Blogtoberfest 2009 I cooked tonight

Unlike the rest of the female population (or pretty well near it) I don't cook regularly.

I count myself pretty lucky ... my afternoons aren't spent thinking of what to make, my evenings after work aren't spent slaving over a hot stove, and I don't spend much of my time frustrated thinking of something new to make.

It's not that I can't cook ... although my children are utterly scathing about what they call my lack of talent in kitchen department. (But how come they seem to eat twice as much of my spinach and ricotta cannelloni than any other meal?).


A close up of dinner ... I love roast vegetables, especially carrots.

And tonight I volunteered to make a lamb roast with a slight difference: I cooked the lamb in a pyrex dish in a small amount of olive oil, added rosemary and loads of onion and garlic, and put a lid on the pyrex dish. The lid and liquid left the lamb tender and hardly shrunk, and I made an old fashioned gravy from the onion/garlic mix, cornflour and tomato paste.

It was pretty darn tasty.

I suppose I should cook more often?

No comments: