Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 15 Blogtoberfest 2009 Horace found my glasses

Several months after I couldn't find my glasses ... after turning the house upside down looking for them and having to get a new pair to replace them, I now have the glasses I lost a couple of months ago back in my hot little hands!


The prodigal glasses!

This morning Horace asked me if I had my glasses ... which I thought really strange, as unlike many other mornings I actually knew where my glasses were ... both pairs, and I could show him exactly where they were on the top of the bureau.

And then Horace held up a blue pair I didn't even recognise as mine.

I am so happy to have them back. I love these little blue babies: they fit so much more comfortably than the other pairs that slip and slide all over the place.

And they go perfectly with my favourite outfit ... my new cream Esprit T-shirt from the UK and my absolutely favourite Esprit skirt. I love this skirt and I love how this lovely (of course) little old lady stopped me in the streets of East Orange when we were there to tell me how much she liked my skirt too!


I seriously love this outfit ... it gets an airing every single week at the moment.

I wonder how long it'll take me to lose another pair of glasses again. Hardly a week goes by that I'm not yelling for someone or other to help to find me ... because of course person who needs glasses but can't find glasses, needs glasses to find said glasses!

I'm utterly hopeless with glasses.

I stick them on my head and they fall off, I fold them up and stick them over the top of t-shirts, and generally I put them down wherever I am without any thought I might have to put them back on again.

I don't do it with anything else: I put my keys and phone religiously back in my bag in the same place so I always know where they are.

Now, various theories have been thrown around re why the glasses have suddenly come to light. Conspiracy theories that speak of nefarious deeds by people hiding my glasses to pay me back for past posts re losing passports and other items.

I'm planning on giving that a little more thought ..!

No comments: