Friday, January 30, 2009

Project 365 Day 28 (Wed 28 Jan 09)

TRAGEDY
The world's share of tragedy was added to yesterday with the callous and unthinkably cruel death of little Darcey Freeman, only four years of age, and on her way to school for the very first time. (Click on the link above to read the tragic story).

At first I wondered what would have possessed her father to throw one of his three children from a bridge, and it seems clear now that it will be a very long time before anybody knows. If we ever know judging by the state he's in.

But then I ineviteably got to thinking about the long term impact of this act. Her brothers, 6 and 2, who witnessed their father's act. And her mother, estranged from her father, who has lost a child. I can't imagine what it must be like for them when I'm struggling to make sense of what happened.

Then the tragedy got even closer to home when a friend Suzanne, at work, shared she knew the family through creche and a neighbour, who's good friends with the Freeman family.

My prayers and best wishes go out to everybody affected ...


I needed to find some beauty in the world after such a terrible act.

No comments: