Saturday, September 13, 2008

SYTYCS08 Round 2 layout

I got through Round 1 and I've finished my layout for Round 2 of SYTYCS08. I'm really happy with it; a layout using a photo of Wini and Clarissa at a wildlife park way back in 1990. For a very long time Wini wasn't keen on animals and she dropped some bread just out of reach of the fattest, laziest kangaroo that wanted the bread but wasn't going to move. Wini looked perplexed about what to do, and in the end I picked up the bread and gave it back to her. Such a fantastic moment to capture, and one that still makes me laugh.

Here's my layout and 3 close-ups:



There were 6 elements to this week's challenge:

1. PP 3+: 6 PPs & transparency: (Basic Grey x3, Sandylion, My Mind's Eye, MM Ledger Text (journaling strips & title))
2. Ink: red on red cardstock and squares, aqua on squares, one square stamped
3. Journaling strips: check
4. Weight layout to one side: layout weighted to the right and bottom using cardstock as border and title/journaling strips to the right
5. Dimension: various buttons & brads, bookplate, photo turn and journaling strips mounted on card
6. One large photo: size 10 x 5.5

Fingers crossed I get through this round!

No comments: