Friday, August 29, 2008

Odds & sods

It's been a quiet day and yet we've still managed to get a few things done which are very dull but necessary (eg clean the stove), but also some good stuff like giving Horace a much needed massage to get rid of a few tight spots in his back and a few things for myself.

I also made an inquiry earlier for a place in Paynesville for a three day trip away for Horace and I. It's a beautiful little town of 3,000 people on the Gippsland Lakes about 3 hours drive from here, and I think a few days away would do both of us some good.

And Wini gave me a start a few minutes ago. She came out of her bedroom to show me a butterfly on her arm. She told me recently she was planning to get another tattoo and I couldn't look at it. All I could think was is that Wini's new tattoo! Eeeeeeeek!



I had to take a couple of deep breaths and listen to Wini scoff at me for being such a baby (which I totally am) before I could actually look at it. It turns out somebody at the nightclub she went to last night was drawing on people's arms, and knowing that it would wash off I was more than happy to admit it's rather beautiful. But permanent ... that's a whole 'nother story!

No comments: