Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday knitting patterns

It feels like forever since I posted a knitting pattern and this book is so sweet ... a book of bazaar patterns from what must be the 1970s.


I'm not sure which one I'd rather knit first ...

I've been looking for a tea cosy pattern for ages and I don't exactly love any of these. But on the upside I can play with one of them and make them in the pretty pastel cottons I have set aside for it. All three are knit so that's good.


I quite like the giraffe ... it's in crochet. Time to learn a new skill I suppose?


And how about the gorgeous doggie sweaters ... definitely what the best dressed dog in 1973 was wearing.


Have you got a favourite?

7 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I think I like the penguin...and who can go past a tea cosy!!

Maxabella said...

That Boxer looks so humiliated in his little yellow shawl. I think you should knit one of those for a 'big dog' friend and check the reaction! x

Susan J Barker said...

Thanks for stopping in at my blog! Sorry though I can't much help in making finishing less work than it is... I am thinking my border collie needs a winter coat (we get more rain than snow here on the west coast of Canada) so knitted would not work well, I guess it will be polar fleece though...

Carmel's Closet said...

The giraffe is my favourite, don't think my crochet skills would ever be up for that though. Happy knitting.
Carmel

nicole said...

that giraffe is the coolest!
definitely worth learning to hook for :D

Renee said...

Yep I love the giraffe too. You should definately learn how to crochet so you can make him!

Mistea said...

That penguin is very cute. I'm sure my gran had this book and made quite a few of the designs from it. All good fun.