Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flea Market Finds

On Saturday I met up with my friend Phil for breakfast in Hampton at Brown Cow, which meant I ended up travelling a little further afield than usual for my op shop fix.

I didn't find anything much spectacular but what I did find I love (although I thought the $2 price tag on it was a bit of a cheek!). I think the scene on the front is a Dutch church by a canal or river. I found a few similar tins on the Netherlands version of eBay also made for the Dutch biscuit manufacturer Patria.


It's a little battered ... but not impacted in the slightest by it and it's large enough to hold my knitting and pattern. Exactly what I've been looking for. And it's hinged, which I love on tins.


I've no idea when the tin was made ... but I found Patria were making biscuits 90 years ago and Sir Douglas Mawson took Patria biscuits with him on his exploration to the South Pole.


It doesn't look as though Flea Market Finds is on today ... I know that Sophie Isobel at Her Library Adventures is busy with Grease at the moment and I'm sure she'll be back to regular programming soon.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Oh Susan you got a bragain there by Sydney standards. It would have been $8 - $10 here. Lovely tin, enjoy. Hope you have an excellent week. ♥