Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Creative Space

My creative space is full of swaps and stuff ... I'm loving it at the moment.

Sew It Together name tag

I'm finally mailing my tag ... it was finished over a week ago but everything conspired against me to get it mailed before Easter. I foolishly thought the post office was open Easter Saturday, then I went away for the weekend and didn't get home until Tuesday night, and then I ended up sick on Wednesday.


So if your name starts with K ... I haven't forgotten you.

I sure hope you like your tag.

Pincushion swap

I signed up to the pincushion swap organised by Kate at Foxslane and I've already got mine ... thank you so much to Nick at Collecting Feathers.


About a week ago Nick posted her pincushion on her blog (scroll down to the bottom) and I thought how interesting it was ... how she'd used a punch to create holes in felt. Not in a million years would I think of doing that.

I just love this little baby ... it's just wonderful in person.

My first pincushion ... now I'm feeling much more like a crafter! LOL

For moe creative spaces ... pop over to kootoyoo.

9 comments:

Steph said...

How exciting to be part of such lovely swaps. I meight need to sign up to one next time. I bet your name tag is gorgeous :)

Kate said...

My name starts with K!! Could your package be coming my way?
Loving your pincushion too.

Caroline said...

Oh lucky you! Good things indeed.

helena / little mo said...

hope you're feeling better? Brown paper and twine is my favourite packaging accessories hehee xoxo

mel @ loved handmade said...

Your packaging looks great. Love your new pincushion, the colours are great. Hope you're feeling better...

Kylie said...

I'm a 'K' (but as I know I'm not in the swap I can stop fooling myself here that it's me!) Lovely tag there - I know your K-person will love it. Punch-holing felt is a fabulous idea - thanks for passing this on :) K

B @ Sweet Limes said...

What a great swap, I wish I had heard of it so I could have joined in the fun. Looks like you got a great one there! That look of the holepunch on felt is a great touch I never would have though of in a million years.

Ange said...

Brown paper and string - best wrapping ever!!

Karen said...

It's me, it's me!! I'm the 'K'.

Thanks so much Susan - I love it.
I opened the parcel in such a hurry that I didn't take a pic of the lovely packaging so I am glad you did.
"brown paper packages, tied up with string, these are a few of my favourite things!'
Perfect.