Saturday, February 27, 2010

Good things/My Place & Yours

It looks as though My Place & Yours is on permanent hiatus (which is a bloody shame because it was one of my favourite memes) … so I've decided to adapt it to a once a week look at something that’s happening at my place. That seems to fit!


The Southern Cross flag ... in a forest of flags it seemed fitting to see this on the day. Mr H thought it was the Danish flag ... the right colours but he's educated now.

So without further ado ... at my place this week Saturday's meant a visit to the Ballarat Super Southern Swap Meet 2010.


A small view of the vast expanse of 'streets' full of junk ... er car parts. Note the general dustiness ... typical of the summer here.

Despite it being in its 21st year and growing up in Ballarat I've never been before. I didn't actually know it was even there. (No jokes please about being a true Ballaratite … I failed!)


This guy was so funny ... when I first took the photo he had his back to me in exactly the same pose. But when he noticed I was taking the photo deliberately turned around ... and here he is.

My baby sister Miss D said it was full of junk and not to bother going ... not promising.


Mr H inspecting the junk ... we were covered in dust by the end of the day. Check out Mr H's slip ons!

Baby bro agreed it was full of junk … but assured me he thought I’d be able to find some treasure. Was he saying there was treasure to be found … or that my taste was for tat? I’m still not sure!


A small view of the vast expanse of 'streets' full of junk ... er car parts. Note the general dustiness ... typical of the summer here.

We spent four hours wandering around the swap meet ... and it was a long hard slog. Half way through Mr H's leg started to hurt and we were nicely put up by one of the stall holders ... even offered drinks. That was really nice of them.


Check out what the toilet says (PRIVATE F#*^ OFF) ... someone had brought in their own toilet facilities for the day and was damned if anybody else was going to use it.

I even managed to get a little treasure for a very good price ... but more of that another time.


Check out the price of this junk, er vintage 1920s body ... I don't think I could get this much for the car I drive.

No comments: