Friday, December 11, 2009

Project 365 Fri 11 Dec 09

ARCHIVE FRIDAY: Collingwood Children's Farm 1987
It's Archive Friday again (thanks Melissa and Emjie's Treasures) and this week I was going to put a photo of my girls at Christmas time ... it's the right time of the year after all.

But that photo isn't scanned as yet (and another thing on my never ending list of things to do) and it seems as thought something else is meant to be.

Now, Horace and I spent the evening over at the Convent in Abbotsford, wandering around the craft stalls there and having dinner at Lentil as Anything.

A lovely evening topped off by a leisurely stroll through Collingwood Children's Farm and along the Yarra ... which brings me neatly to my photo of Wini and I at Collingwood Children's Farm in January 1987 (you see ... it was meant to be).

When I met Horace he lived in Abbotsford, a short walk from the Farm, and actually had an allotment at the Farm. He loves growing things, and I spent many a Sunday there sleeping on the hard ground (which was no hardship to me because I can sleep anywhere) while he pottered around the Farm.

Later, when we lived in East Brunswick, we still travelled regularly to the Farm a couple of times a year for get togethers with friends; usually birthday parties for Anna and Demos' daughters and always around Christmas time.


Wini and I captured chatting with Vicki.

And what's so gorgeous about this photo, apart from a very young me in my all time favourite enamelled blue earrings ... but Wini in the sweetest hand knitted matinee jacket and bonnet knitted by my Mum.

Mum was a champion knitter ... so talented she could knit anything and it was only when she got to the point she felt she couldn't see well enough to knit that she stopped. A bad day for knitting.

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

This is a lovely photo. I bet it is a terrible day when an ailment prevents someone from doing their favorite activity.