Friday, November 27, 2009

Project 365 Fri 27 Nov 09

MY PLACE AND YOURS: That's nice, that's different, that's unusual
This week's meme was thought of by Toni over at Little Suitcase who came up with the most amazing idea for this week.

So now I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with something to share because my house isn't quirky ... unless you think a bathroom without a window is quirky and I don't think so.

I don't have anything amazing like Melanie at M+ who has a shower hidden behind a door in her hallway.

Or something astonishing like Kate at Fox's Lane who has a swing in her family room. Wow! I would have loved to live there as a kid.

Our place is an unrenovated 70s built wreck desperately in search of a paintbrush or love (I haven't quite decided which) and I can't think of a single thing about it that's nice, different or unusual. Not even all the amazing ideas from other people's blogs have given me the slightest inkling as to what I can post.

And then it struck me ... our postage stamp garden.

We have no space at all but that doesn't stop us from growing vegetables and herbs ... using planter boxes on metal brackets on our fence!


A view of the fence behind the washing line and a few of the planter boxes.

At times, the fence can be overflowing with planter boxes and plants.


A close up of a couple of the planter boxes ... including the brackets.

And every bit of ground space is covered in pots ... the corner next to the back door is filled with tomatoes, eggplants and zucchini.


A few of our pots of tomatoes, eggplants and zucchini.

I'm looking forward to a good crop in January.

PS If you want to play or check out more places ... and there are some great ones go to Pip's at Meet Me at Mike's for more.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Gardens in pots are great when you have no space. My daughter has raided my garden twice and has lots of pots in her tiny back yard which is all stones.