Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 28 Blogtoberfest 2009 Knitting excitement

Sometimes when you wonder what your next post is going to be, you check a blog (the creative Miss Muggins), and what could be more exciting that finding out where more beautiful yarn can be found ... and that it's on sale at the Bendigo Woollen Mills.

Now I have the gorgeous Bellsknits to thank for turning me back to knitting. I hadn't thought about knitting in years.

But that was then and now I have three projects on the go:

1. A scarf, hat and mittens for a two year old in these gorgeous colours ... what two year old doesn't love pink and purple? I'm working on the scarf at the moment.


The pink and purple are really close ... but the pink is way off. It's much softer in real life.

2. A pair of socks in this glorious multi-coloured yarn. This is my first attempt at socks and I'm understandably nervous. So to keep up my excitement and to shamelessly ask questions I've signed up to the Southern Summer of Socks with Bellsknits and RoseRed so I'm feeling in really good hands.


I'm still working out the tension and how many stitches to cast on ... but I love just looking at this yarn and I can't wait to get started.

3. A lacy summer cardigan for me in cream. The Patons Bamboo/Cotton is so soft and beautiful and while I really have to concentrate on the pattern it's knitting up so fast.


I wanted to make something pretty for me ... so far just a small amount of one sleeve done.

Now to wander over to the Bendigo Woollen Mills site to see whether there's anything I absolutely can't resist. The cotton looks really nice and $9.50 for a 200gm balls ... it's a good price. Perhaps the next time I go to visit my Mum in Ballarat we can take another trip to Bendigo?

You see ... I got all this inspiration from one post! LOL

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh I'm so glad you are getting so much enjoyment out of knitting. It's lovely isn't it? And you've got some beautiful stuff there. Will be keen to see what you chose at BWM!