Friday, June 12, 2009

Project 365 Thu 11 Jun 09

ANZ BANK
For the second time in two weeks I went to an Excel course for work, so I decided to take my camera to take a few photos of the ANZ bank building on the corner of Collins and Queen Streets.


The main entrance into the bank.

This building has to be one of the best examples of Victorian revival Gothic in Melbourne, and I just love the dragons and all the detail on the building. It looks as though it was created by someone who loved what they were doing, and it never fails to impress me.


I love this dragon.


And what about this dragon as well?

One of the original uses of the building was as Melbourne's first stock exchange, with that room now rented out for functions. The room was empty the day I wandered through and I got the chance to admire the stained glass windows and just how beautiful it is.

One of the smaller windows above the main entrance into the room.

I love the detail on the columns and the roof.

The last thing as I was leaving was the background information ... so nice to understand a little more about such a wonderful building.


This is one of several stands displaying information about the building.

No comments: