Saturday, May 23, 2009

Project 365 Fri 21 May 09

WHICH NEWS FIRST: GOOD OR BAD?
I got the call on Friday about the job I applied for a month ago ... it's not going ahead for budget reasons. Definitely starting with the bad news!

I'd already heard this was going to happen so it wasn't a surprise, although it was still a disappointment.

However, all I really wanted to know was the answer to that all important answer: did I get it? And what feedback could they give me for the next time I go for an interview. No joy but the suggestion was I ask the interview panel members.

So I did, someone I've known for years and who I was sure would be more forthcoming. The good news .... I'd be doing that job if it wasn't for the budget cuts we recently experienced.

And I guess the even better news is I've got a job for the medium to long term; a good job I enjoy with great people ... and that's the best news of all.

No comments: