Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Project 365 Tue 17 Mar 09

PHONING HOME
My mum's important to me.

She and my dad worked hard to bring up me and my siblings. They went without much in an effort to make sure we were never hungry or cold, and we had access to all the advantages they could offer.

So the best way I can think of to reach out to my mum, despite the distance between us, is to call mum a few times a week. And I'm someone who doesn't like phoning people as a general rule, and call very few people.


The phone in the bedroom.

Our most recent conversations have been about organising to go to the Dior 1947-1957 exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery.

Despite her diabetes, Mum's always up for a trip out (except when the thermometer hits 40 degrees Celsius!) and I'm looking forward to meeting up with Mum and Debbie next weekend. The exhibition should be great, and Debs and Mum are always good company at things like this.

And Suzanne and her daughter Cec are also coming, so it'll be a good chance for both sides to meet each other.

Hopefully I won't end up cancelling this week because of the vertigo/nausea problem; this is the last week it's on and it would be an absolute nuisance to miss out.

No comments: