Sunday, March 22, 2009

Project 365 Sun 22 Mar 09

FABULOUS COUTURE
I had the best time on Sunday in Bendigo seeing the fantastic couture garments at The Golden Age of Couture Exhibition Paris & London 1947-57.


This is the full page ad that alerted me to the exhibition.

I can't think offhand of a better way to spend the day. Nothing about it was rushed so we got to enjoy the day with a picnic lunch and a coffee in one of the beautiful street cafes before we left. The weather was absolutely wonderful, Bendigo was green and luscious (but where did they get the water?), and it was great introducing Suzanne to mum and Debs.

And we got to spend two hours patiently and meticulously making our way through gowns made by Dior, Balenciaga, Jacques Fath and Hardy Amies to name a few. There were quite a few suits and one gorgeous red dress I would love to have brought home with me. Perhaps I need to take my machine out again and start making my own clothes?

No comments: