Friday, March 27, 2009

Project 365 Fri 27 Mar 09

I FINISHED A LAYOUT!
It's been so long since I've finished a scrapbooking layout. I've started half a dozen and all of them sit unfinished, except for the journaling. So I made a concerted effort to get one finished, and here it is.


I love this photo of Tamika; it's one of my favourites.

What I've found to be great for getting my scrapbooking mojo back is doing a challenge. And there are a million of them out there for scrapbookers.

One of the sites I've signed up to is 52 sketches 52 weeks at http://52sketches52weeks.com. The layout of Tamika was made using a sketch from this site; the sketch is #8 (21 Feb 09) at http://52sketches52weeks.com/?p=131.

Even though I love the sketch I still altered it a little: I swapped the letter T for the flower, replaced one of the photos along the bottom with journaling, and used a single large photo at the top instead of 3 photos to name a few.

I'm also working on a few other sketches and challenges from other sites which I'll post when I'm finished ... again mostly the journaling to finish.

No comments: