Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Project 365 Day 41 (Tue 10 Feb 09)

TIME TO GET UP AND START MOVING!
I've been slack for years ignoring the flab around my waist and now it's getting to the point where my clothes are tight and if they get any tighter it'll be time for a new wardrobe!

A pleasant thought really, but with our focus on saving to go OS this year my thoughts need to be on getting into better shape--period.

So, with that thought in mind I gathered together all my resources (really just a tape measure and the scales) and set to work on my vital statistics:

Weight: 59 kgs! (130 lbs)
Height: 165 cms (5' 5")
Bust:
Waist:
Hips:

BMI: 21.6

The good news: I'm not overweight as my BMI says I'm in the normal weight range and my waist measurement is under 35". Both great signs.

PHOTO: MY FEET ON SCALES
Me on the scales.

Now for the bad news: I am glued to the computer and TV and do no regular exercise, my dad died at 55 from a heart attach and there's a family history of Type 2 diabetes (my mum and her mother, and there may be others as well).

So my plan is to start walking every day. I'm going to walk each evening at 7pm because if I don't walk at the same time every day I know I'll never do it. Who knows Horace may join me if he sees me going out each evening.

As for changing what I eat ... I fully expect to end up eating more if I'm exercising regularly and it not making any different at all.

This is scary stuff ....

No comments: