Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 365 Day 35 (Wed 4 Feb 09)

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY
You know things are pretty bad economically when the middle class without school age children are promised money via a government spending package.



That's where Horace and I find ourself in the most recent $42 billion National Building and Jobs Plan. The lucky recipents of a decent sum of money to spend (not save!) on anything we want.

We've never really got anything in the past. The most we ever got was a couple of school bonuses for Clarissa ... we didn't even get the first home owner's grant despite buying our first home as recently as 2000.

So it feels strange to be standing with our hand out.

And I don't feel good about taking the money because in the back of my mind all I can think is that things must be pretty bad when we all have jobs, we're meeting our mortgage repayments and can afford to go overseas later in the year.

Fingers crossed the package has the impact planned by government, and I can move on from the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

No comments: