Monday, April 28, 2008

Good news

I’ve long wanted us to move somewhere bigger but it never seemed achievable because I thought the difference between our unit and a house elsewhere would be too large for our income. Saturday’s auction of the unit next door has changed that somewhat because it went for $280,000! I couldn’t believe my ears. I’ve been assuming for years our dog box would be valued in the low $200,000s, and mind you it might be considering how much sprucing up is needed. This is next door’s unit; we’re to the left of the picture.

So the budget stays and we have to persevere with our renovations because we might actually make it! I’m actually feeling excited at the prospect.

This weekend the windows got a spruce up with new tracks, and net (plain white) and curtains (cream waffle pattern) for the two front rooms. That meant lots of scrubbing and cleaning, with the new curtains up in the lounge room so far. Wini just needs to sort her room out, so maybe next weekend although I’ll probably have to do it myself.

The girls and I also window shopped for new furniture for their room (a new bed and drawers for each) and we also looked at reorganising the inside of our wardrobes because all we currently have is a shelf each with hanging space underneath. Typical 70s approach and very wasteful of space.

No comments: