Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wini

Family is the most important thing, but with our two girls now Wini (22) and Clarissa (19) we see less and less of them, especially now that Clarissa has a car (but more of the car another time).

Both girls are wonderful, but I'll start with Wini.

If each family has a quiet child who keeps everything to themselves then Wini is that child. And it's not helped when we sometimes don't see her for days ... she comes home from work, asks for food and then goes straight to her room.

It sounds awful written like that, and maybe even suggesting something is wrong. But I know it's the behaviour of an adult, living at home, who wants her privacy. At her age I had been living away from home for 4 years and I think I'd do the same if I were her. It just makes it all the nicer when she does come for a chat.

Right now she's out with her friend Lisa; the two of them spend so much time together (most of this weekend, for example) I think of them as Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Whenever I see the two of them together they're always laughing, or getting ready to go somewhere. (PS That's Wini on the right.)


It's nice to be so young and carefree ....

No comments: