Monday, April 26, 2010

Good things: Vintage sheets and swaps

A few people posted yesterday (who I've emailed privately where they included their email address) about being happy to see my vintage sheets or wanting more information about the vintage sheet swap I've been referring to.

First up, my sheets. Every op shop I've visited over the last couple of months I've looked in for sheets and I've probably found something worth getting almost every weekend.


Yesterday I found a single bed pair of sheets ... the pair with the yellow daisies. Last week I found the pretty pink floral sheet and four identical (brand new) pink pillowcases.

And if you look really closely, you'll notice the top five sheets and the pillow cases match beautifully. Looks like the patron saint of vintage sheet quilts has decided I'll be making a yellow, green and pink quilt.

Now to the vintage sheet swap. I love reading blogs and I gladly follow embedded links because I often find something interesting or fun ... and this time I found the germ of an idea for a vintage sheet swap on Ange's Ramblings.

The post I hit was Ange bemoaning a recent US only swap and, lucky for me, she was looking for interest from Australians. You've no idea how long I've been interested too ... so I hurriedly added my name and now it's official. Hip hip hooray!


If you want to sign up, registrations are open until 30 June 2010. The details for the swap as well as the blog post to sign up are on Ange's Ramblings. It's best to read the details there in case I misquote or confusing things ... but I will add the swap is limited to Australians only.

PS If you're planning on entering and have photos of your sheets to share add a link to your post below ... I'd love to take a sneak peak too.

6 comments:

A Life So Peachy said...

I'm in! thanks so much for sharing!

Renee said...

Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like a great way of collecting more fabrics. I think there's gonna be a lot vintage sheet quilts later this year!

Steph said...

You must be a vintage sheet magnet! I never seem to be able to find any :( Maybe this will be my lucky week. Hope your week is a happy one :)

Kate said...

I am so interested, it sounds great but like I wrote to Ange, I use them in all my sewing and who knows come June 30th if I'll have anything worth sending. Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Ooo, they're wonderful! I'm so jealous. It's sad that that other swap was US only. But I think they'll be missing out...

Allana said...

Your sheet collection is lovely and sunny - this is going to be so much fun!! :)