Friday, February 19, 2010

Good things/Friday knitting pattern

Friday’s always a good day … it’s the end of the working week after all. And today is extra special because I have the afternoon off work, an electrician has done a few jobs I had planned and it’s time for a vintage knitting pattern.

(PS And don't forget to check Lara's blog thornberry for her weekly crochet pattern ... because I almost did! Woops.)

This week’s pattern is the cover to a Villawood Junior Knits pattern book.


This book is exciting for a couple of reasons ... one of them being the photos were taken at Sydney's Taronga Zoo.

But a more personal reason is it reminds me so much of childhood ... me and most little girls during the 1960s were dressed pretty well as per the little girl on this cover.

Just to show you what I mean … here’s a picture of me at kindergarten in 1964 (I'm the smiling blonde at the front left) wearing a warm jumper hand knitted by my mum, complete with cable on the sleeve, and a tartan skirt.


And check out my hair. My mother did it like this for years ... I'm a dead ringer for the cover. LOL

6 comments:

bec said...

Freaky likeness- at least it's not with the monkey! haha. What a strange thing to have on the cover.

Tania said...

That monkey is hilarious and bizarre and...and...can you imagine the photoshoot? Sheesh.

Kylie said...

Have fun knitting that - how cute were you!

Kate said...

How cute were you!! So have you got plans to knit anything from the book? I adore the shawl in the last post btw, gorgeous! Have a great weekend.X

EG CameraGirl said...

You were cute with a bow in your hair. Little girls looks so different now, eh?

Jodie said...

That little girl on the cover looks cross ! Maybe she wanted to hang on to the monkey...