Monday, June 8, 2009

Project 365 Mon 8 Jun 09

I LOVE TO BLOG
Let’s face it: I love blogging. I love thinking about what to post, I love working out what photo or photos to use and I expecially love reading other people’s blogs. In fact, the photo a day project has been brilliant and on most days I really enjoy it.

But today instead of posting my thoughts I thought I’d share a few of my favourite blogs drawn from the diverse worlds of scrapbooking, photography, knitting, science fiction and politics. And how about this … I've still managed to add three photos! LOL!

My absolute favourite blogger is a scrapbook designer and fabulous photographer called Karen Russell. The products she designed for Creative Imaginations are awesome, and now she’s concentrating on photography I’m thrilled she still posts almost daily. She’s honest, she’s real and I think anybody in her life must be grateful to have her. I’d sure love a friend exactly like her.


Karen’s husband Josh and their daughter Annie … check out the fish story.

The next blog I recently found and love is by Bellsknits. I love her excitement and dedication to her craft, the beautiful posts about her family and the people she knits for. And she and a friend are working their way through Nigella Lawson’s book How to be a Domestic Goddess. Bellsknit is always worth spending a few minutes with.


Bellsknit with a blanket she made for her brother, nursing her niece wearing a jumper she knitted.

I’m also a sci-fi fan and one blog I stumbled across is by Joseph Mallozzi, a writer and producer for Stargate. His blog is a wonderful mix of snippets about Stargate and interviews with cast and crew, his love for food and the places he goes including an annual chocolate extravaganza the likes of which you can’t imagine, and a science fiction book club.


Check out this one of many boxes of chocolate from the chocolate feast; this one the Payard masterpiece collection.

The last blog I thought I’d share with the world is written by a guy called David Havyatt. His background is in telecommunications and I enjoy his often left wing and always insightful views about politics. David hardly ever adds photos so I’ve got nothing to share, but be sure to check out his thoughts if you're interested in the latest happenings in Australia …

No comments: