I've been thinking about all the things that can be done to lessen the impact on the world. So I thought I'd make as long a list as I could of the various things we try to do:
* recyle paper and plastics (a full bin each fortnight)
* eat as much unprocessed food as possible
* use a front loading washing machine (great for water and fuel savings)
* tune the car regularly
* catch public transport as regularly as possible
* use energy efficient light globes
* use green energy (gas and electricity)
* use heating onlow and wear extra clothing to stay warm
* dry clothing naturally on the washing line
* have 3 minute showers
* turn down the hot water thermostat
* buy second hand books and use the local library
* only do full washing machine loads.
Wow, it's an amazing list.
The recycle bin and rubbish bin in the laundry.