Sunday, February 15, 2009

A day at the Aquarium

I spent the loveliest Sunday afternoon at the Melbourne Aquarium with Suzanne and her daughter Frances.


Suzanne and her daughter mesmerised by the fish in the billabong.

I've worked with Suzanne for quite a few years now and every couple of months we try to find a child friendly activity for Frances and get together.


Frances drawing pictures of the fish.

It's getting easier now Frances is a little older (she's about 6-7 now), and going with Suzanne and Frances has the benefit for me of being able to revisit all those places Wini and Clarissa wouldn't be caught dead visiting.


Another case of Frances being mesmerized; this time with the starfish.

I haven't been to the Aquarium in Melbourne before and it's the most amazing place, much larger than I expected, and despite the low light for most exhibits it gave me the chance to practice using my 50mm 1.4 lens as well as shooting in TV priority (to compensate for the fish moving).

Needless to say most (80%) of the photos are ordinary and some terrible, but a few turned out really well.


One of the penguins catching fish; a really difficult shot to get as they were incredibly fast and the light was really poor.


My favourite fish in the whole Aquarium, and he looks as though he's starting right at me.


These divers were in the main tank swimming with the sharks!

No comments: