Monday, November 3, 2008

Visiting with Mary & David

I'm finally getting around to posting some photos from the visit to Mum's to see Mary & David.

Mary hasn't really changed at all--she still has the same young, open face and it was so nice to see David again. So strange to see them as Great Uncle and Great Aunt to Wini and Clarissa; it makes me feel so old (never mind anybody else!).



And better yet we got a shot of 'the girls' together, something that doesn't happen very often around here.



One of the things I really wanted to hear about was how my uncle Stanley (Mum and Mary's older brother) is doing after his stroke a couple of years ago. My uncle was always the strongest and most active of people: he worked hard and exercised and yet he suffered a stroke. By all accounts it's a serious stroke that he will never completely recover and that must be so frustrating for him.

Mum plans to visit and see how he is, and was planning to go with Debbie. I think I'll invite myself along as I'd like to see him and Sandra and her grandchildren. How strange to imagine her with grandchildren when she's only a few years older than me.

No comments: