Sunday, September 21, 2008

SYTYCS08 Round 3 layout

I got through to the 3rd round of SYTYCS08 and this is my layout (with a couple of close-ups):



This week the elements, and what I used, are:
1. PP background: MM Ledger (my absolute favourite for everything)
2. Mix of PPs: Cross-My-Heart (yellow), Creative Imaginations (pink) and Fancy Pants (orange)
3. Ink everything: photo, layout edge, embellishments
4. Embellishment cluster: bottom right, using lots of metal
5. Staples: used a couple of times as embellishments and to keep the journaling transparency adhered
6. One 4x6 photo: check

This week was extra hard for a couple of reasons: I don't really use a single PP sheet as background, and nor would I use such a small photo. I had to start over quite a few times and finally work out a compromise; use the smaller 8.5x11 layout size so the photo looked larger and then add an XL photo frame. In the end, my subtle mind game worked brilliantly (because I felt as though I was using a 5x7 photo) and work could commence!

It's getting harder to stay in the competition now, although I'm so glad I signed up. I've felt really challenged, but in the best and nicest possible way, and for the first time in a very long time I'm creating layouts I'm really happy with. Not to mention it actually feels good to be competing against such a talented and nice bunch of women.

Now to wait for Tuesday night and the announcement of who gets through to Round 4. People are doing such great work it's anybody's guess who makes it through; fingers crossed, of course, I'm one of them.

No comments: