Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good things: What's Hot & What's Not

Time to sum up for the week … and I’m feeling really peeved at the moment. I’ve been working on project at work that's really bugging me. Thanks to written instructions, which are contradictory in part, I may have wasted more than half a day and the person I’m supposed to go to for explanations isn’t returning emails or phone calls. So if my week pans out as less than wonderful … it’s no doubt coloured by this.

What’s been Hot

TV/DVD in the bedroom. I am so loving this … and it's probably why I’m getting so much done (see above). I’m up to the last episode of the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice and I’m loving Colin Firth as Mr Darcy and Jennifer Ehle as Lizzie. He looks stunning in the clothes of the period … so slim and manly, and he can say so much with expression alone. And I love Jennifer Ehle’s brightness and wit … her response to Darcy’s first proposal and reactions as she reads his letter are perfect. Not to mention I love anything with Julia Sawalha in it. The last episode tonight will bring it all to a happy conclusion and I don’t know what to watch next … maybe something sci fi like Farscape. Any suggestions?


Sew It Together. I’m on the slippery slope to Sew It Together starting Thursday night and I can’t wait. I’ve already started my packing etc and I bought baggies today to hold my swap stuff. Fun, fun, fun and only a few days to go.

Craft. I'm really enjoying this craft thing. On the weekend I took an inventory of my yarn (and there was quite a bit), and this morning I started a baby’s bonnet for charity with leftover yarn from Mum’s shawl because I need some simple and quick to do on the train. When it’s done I’ll drop it into Morris & Sons in the city, and I’m thinking about doing that with any leftover yarn I get.

Organisation. I’ve been scoring a few runs getting myself organised. I always have far too good a time over the weekend, with the result things end up topsy turvy at home. But I’ve started on my bedroom and it’s looking a little tidier than usual at the moment, and the kitchen's reasonably in order. I just need to stay on top of things in the future … which I know isn’t going to happen but hope springs eternal!

Cherry Liquer chocolate. For the first time in my life I’ve discovered a love of cherry liquer chocolate. What the ….? I have no idea where it came from but I’m loving it for as long as it lasts. I went to Haighs today and bought 3 cherry liquers and they were gorgeous.


What not been Hot

Work. Total pain in the arse! It can be hard being on a steep learning curve on a time critical project … and even worse when the instructions you get are the equivalent of a conversation with a 15 year old (the pulling teeth part of it and the confusion!). I guess it’ll all be alright in the end … but if I go grey I’m not going to be very happy.

How’s your week been? Are you kicking goals and scoring points … or has it all gone to hell in a handbasket? If you want to play don’t forget to link back … I’d love to know what you’re up to.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Susan, Great to meet you at SIT and thank you for the beautiful swap felt flower and tag.
Susie (Yarnplanner)